Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sunday Story…The Road

 

To the Games Part 4

 

Upon returning to Dallas from a week in Florida at, of all places, Club Med I got off the plane and hustled over to the box to throw workout 1 down. It’s a rowing/bench press workout and luckily this is a space I’m pretty good at, thanks to all the rowing LSD I’ve been doing.

 

The weekend is all jammed up with these workouts, judging and the videos as well. There’s some heavy weightlifting and another workout with fast snatches. This one was a problem…I went super-fast and upon reviewing the video there is no way we can let that one stand. It’s going to have to be re-done. This is a serious wrench in the works. The second time around I got 7 less reps but they were all good. It does no good to go fast and go wrong. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!

 

The leader board is a mess with videos being audited and scores being corrected. I go from 5th to 7th to 5th and finally when the dust settles…3rd. I should go on vacation every week before competing! The games are 2 months away and I am going. But the mantra remains the same…health, fitness, and fun!

 

So now the ramp up but I keep the Zone 2 sessions on just not as many per week. More on this next installment!

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodysasey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment