Saturday, July 16, 2022

Sunday Story…The Road

 


To the Games Part 3

The quarterfinals take place about a month after the close of the open. I am not doing anything special and I have to be honest… ever since the first age group online qualifier (2013) I have hated these things. There is a tremendous amount of pressure. Every movement must be correct and then you must video the entire workout. There is rarely any way to repeat the workouts, so you must be spot-on right out of the box. There is little to no margin for error.

 

This year is no different and maybe worse. I know people are going to be watching my videos closely. The setups are not optimum for our layout. But based on my current attitude, which is this…I’m just going to do my level best and the results can fall where they may. Full effort is full victory.

 

I got a major penalty in the first workout (failed to lock out the one-arm snatch too many times) yet my performance was good enough for 7th in that one. The rest were up and down but so was everyone else! The bottom line was that I finished 5th overall!

Since the top 30 move on to the Semifinal stage, I am in! And I’m going on vacation the week before the Semifinal weekend!

This is the primary difference this year…the Road to the Games is not all-encompassing for me. It must fit into my new mantra…Health and fitness must be in harmony with the rest of my life. It is not the end-all and be-all of my existence.

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment