Saturday, November 5, 2022


 Sunday Story…WWJD


What would John do?

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of questions about what I am doing…training-wise, nutrition, supplementation, and things like that. So, here’s a rundown of the training and nutrition end of things and we’ll cover supplementation next week…

Training…I try to get at least 2 LSD sessions a week and most weeks it is 3. I also try to get these in first thing in the morning before I eat anything (a “fasted” state). This helps with kick-starting my metabolism (think fat burning!) and the rest of my day goes smoother. I also try to get at least one pure strength day. That is a day dedicated to moving weight and doing more “body-building” type work. For example, after back squatting the other day, I did a session of 100 each strict pull-ups, pushups, and dips. I will also take another day with a met-con in it and slow it down, using heavier weights but less speed. And finally, I rest at least 2 but often 3 days a week. Now rest is relative…working outside in my yard all day may not be restful for some but for me it is.

Nutrition…The key remains to get enough protein to support my training. I eat whatever I want, in general. I am fortunate in this regard…I don’t want to eat CRAP (Calorie Rich and Pathetic) food. I enjoy well-made food made from fresh ingredients and prepared with love. My breakfast is the same every morning (cream of buckwheat, nuts raisins, and 3 eggs), but the rest of the day consists of food I enjoy eating. I rarely indulge in alcohol but if I do I keep it to 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks a week.

 

More next week!

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.coom

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment