Saturday, November 21, 2020

Sunday Story...Content


 In this case, I mean what lies within…in other words what lies within your coffee cup? Coffee? Tea? Whiskey?  

 

We are all different. We all have similar outcomes we are striving for…love, health, financial security, things of that nature. Most humans have similar needs in those areas. Some of us may place a higher priority on some things than others and those priorities are bound to change over a lifetime. But most humans have similar needs.

 

I care about the content of your character. Are you kind? Truthful? Can you be trusted to do what you say you are going to do when you say you are going to do it? Do you treat others with respect? Are you a person of your word? Do you value people over things?

 

There is no label on this. Judge me on the content of my character, not some made-up pigeon hole you think I belong in. At the same time, the content of my character is revealed by my words and my actions. Spewing hatred and vitriol reveals things about me regardless of my religion, race, class, or ethnicity. As a matter of fact, if you listen carefully I will tell you exactly what my content is.

 

So…what did your words and actions say about you today?

 

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412


No comments:

Post a Comment