Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Story…Compete every Day


We seem to be obsessed with winning. Being the best. The GOAT…greatest of all time. Even if the competition is a small town pumpkin carving contest I want to Win, baby!

 

The facts, however, are simple. My pumpkin is not the best in the world. It might not even be the best in town. All it is is the best in the contest. It isn’t going to go to the Louvre; people are not going to give acclaim or a commission to do all the pumpkins next year. It’s just today’s best pumpkin.

 

I am going to compete with myself every day. That is the only contest that matters. Have I improved? Am I fitter? Am I stronger? Am I moving forward on my path? Is the me today the greatest me I can be?

 

The race I am running is first and foremost a race against me. Winning that race is the one that counts. Of course, the corollary to this is: Full effort is Full Victory. Did you give your best effort? Is today’s performance the best one you can deliver today? If not…do better tomorrow.

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment