The second day of competition is finished.
Today was only 2 workouts…18 or 19 minutes in total… a longer one and and a very short one.
I was very pleased with my performance today. The second workout used an implement I had never seen before…a 70# medicine ball picked up and tossed over the shoulder. But not a hard ball, it was sort of squishy and when it hit the ground is plopped and went sort of flat. It was an interesting thing to do 45 times or so. And then with everyone’s favorite..burpees!
I still haven’t looked at the leaderboard. So I can’t tell you where I am with any exactitude. I am executing my game plan in every workout. I feel joy as we take the field. The sun is shining the breeze is fresh. The competitors are a fun group who really enjoy the process of finding comrades their own age to workout with and compete with…no matter the outcome. This has been a truly delightful and amazing experience that I will distill into much longer memories and stories. Oh, but make no mistake, everyone wants to do well and is trying to get on that podium.
I have been told I am #6 at this point. That is very satisfying but not really the point. The point is to go out and give 100% every time…in other words to walk off the field knowing I did everything I could do in that moment and left nothing back to regret.
Which leaves us with this:
Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
Mahatma Gandhi
And now to bed.
Namaste
John Mariotti
www.crossfit-odyssey.com
www.martialartsnevada.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
Follow me on Facebook
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment