Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Road to the Games Day 3


The first day of competition is done and in the books. 3 workouts. 3 different energy systems and 3 different tests. Honestly, and this is a big departure for me, I have not looked at my results in relation to the rest of the field. Normally I would be obsessing over my position and what it is going to take to move up the leaderboard. Today, I only care about putting my absolute best on the field.

That being said…I finished the first event with a 50# personal best. I won the second event by a large margin. The 3rd and 4th were somewhere in the middle of the pack. I have been told this puts me in a tie for 7th overall but I have not looked. These results are very satisfying. They tell me I belong here, that I am more than good enough to be here.

I am looking forward to tomorrow’s events with anticipation. I am focused and confident.

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
Mahatma Gandhi

And now to bed.

Namaste

John Mariotti
www.crossfit-odyssey.com
www.martialartsnevada.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment