Saturday, September 13, 2025

Sunday Story…Discipline is the glue

We discussed the importance of consistency and the need to show up every day to do the work, but what happens when you're just not feeling it? What happens when you get up and it's, "I don't want to do that today?"

This is where discipline comes in. Discipline is where you do what you're supposed to do because you are supposed to do it. You don't have to like it. You don't have to want to do it. But you are going to do it anyway because it's what you are committed to doing.

There's a vast difference between motivation and discipline. When I am motivated, I want to act. I'm excited about doing it. I'm happy when I'm getting ready to do it. I'm happy while I'm doing it. I'm happy when I'm done doing it.

Discipline, however, is what gets me through the times when motivation isn't there. Discipline is what will keep my consistency going in the face of non-desire. Discipline frees me from the chains of motivation. Discipline and all the surrounding rituals that discipline requires frees me from the shackles of choice.

Discipline is found deep inside of yourself. Discipline arises from the need to do what needs to be done. It's not concerned with external factors such as the time of day, the temperature outside, how you're feeling, how much you slept, or what you've eaten. Discipline is the glue that holds actions together.

If you're interested in learning how to build muscle and strength (and find discipline), sign up for a free fitness assessment at www.crossfitodyssey.com or reach out to me directly, and let's get you started on your journey to extraordinary results.

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412

 


 

 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment