Saturday, August 21, 2021

Sunday Story…The Gift


Of Clarity.

 

Clear and precise communication is a gift for both the speaker and the listener. When I have listened deeply and completely I have given you the gift of my attention. When I have answered in a way that has my answer be about me and not you, I have given you the gift of my experience.

 

Finally, I will give the gift of clarity…clarity in my request, clarity in my communication, clarity in my desire for connection. In order to do this, I have to give myself that gift first. Clarity in my desire requires me to know precisely what I want. Until I can be clear to myself it will be nearly impossible to be clear to you.

 

Once I achieve clarity internally I can express to you what my request is. And when I do so, I will be as precise and as exact as possible. And I will couch it in a way that allows you to do one of three things…say yes, say no or negotiate. You see, it isn’t a request unless you can say no.

 

When I implement the gifts of listening, owning my own experience, and clarity I can make sure we are both communicating and connecting with one another. And isn’t that what we all want?

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment