It’s that time of year (again!) when we assess all the things that went right and maybe not so right over the last 12 months. And what a ride it has been.
Can you even remember what January and February were
like? Those pre-CoVid months when the year was young and the promise was new. The
major thing looming was an election in November. Then the world went topsy-turvy. All bets
were off. Each one of us had to face things we never imagined before.
And we did. If there were no pandemic 2020 still would have
been a year for the ages. An election, civil unrest, political machinations all
took place in spite of a raging pandemic that turned lives inside out. And it
isn’t over yet. We may still be faced with months of unknown turmoil. Sucks.
Yet here we are…adapting, moving forward, finding new
ways of getting life done. We humans are amazing creatures. Over the ages we
have faced down many challenges to our continued existence. And here we are.
Evolution is not the survival of the fittest. It is the
survival of the most adaptable, the most resilient. Those are the humans that
will emerge from this year, these months of turmoil and unknown challenges.
When I look forward to 2021 I know I am stronger for
the things 2020 threw my way. And I know no matter what 2021 puts in front of
me I will adapt and I will survive.
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment