I often get questions about what can be done to improve
fitness and health. Everyone wants a “magic pill.” That one thing you can do
that will make everything better. I am sorry to tell you that there is NO magic
pill. But I am going to give you 5 simple and easy things you can do to improve
your health and fitness this year.
1. Drink more water. This goes without saying but your body is made up of 70% water. Dehydration will decrease your performance whether in the gym or the boardroom. You won’t be as sharp or as strong as you could be without enough water. Aim for a gallon a day and you can include Gatorade or other things just not caffeinated beverages (they are diuretics!)
Prioritize recovery. Constantly pushing for new heights will only get you injured or sick. Your mind and your body need time to properly recuperate. Work smarter not harder!
3.
Stop Obsessing over Food. Eat real food.
Eat food that is prepared with love and care. Eat it in an environment free of
stress and strife. Use the 80/20 rule (I prefer 90/10) that says I will eat
really healthy food 80% of the time and let the rest go. Stop eating before you
are full.
4.
Sleep more. Make a sleep schedule and stick
to it. Create healthy bedtime rituals…just like you may have done for your
children. Make one for yourself as well. Start tracking how you are sleeping…if
you measure it you can manage it!
5.
Visit your medical professional for regular
check-ups. I have to admit this is one I don’t do. I will do better this year!
This is an early warning system for your health. Doing this may head off any unforeseen
issues.
There you are…5 simple and easy things you can easily do
to improve your health and fitness.
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment