Is medicine. The food you eat can help heal you or it can make you sick.
At this uncertain time your nutrition is even more important than ever. Nutrition fuels your immune system. Nutrition can fuel your mental state. Eating ice cream and cake may feel good in the moment but a few minutes later you will be depressed and angry…partly from the sugar crash and partly from your own mental state.
Resist. Or at least don’t beat yourself up with it afterward. You will recover. You can reset. But only if you give yourself permission to slip. Now that it’s over it’s over. Move on and get back on track.
I have a weakness for granola. I love that stuff. It’s sweet and crunchy and has lots of different textures. I can eat it by the handful. As a matter of fact I think I ate most of a bag the other day. So what to do? Because the rest of my household likes to eat it for breakfast and I keep eating it all! Simple…I made some homemade granola with a little less sugar and then I put it in a jar that I can stick my hand in but I can’t get it out with any granola in it. Problem solved! Now I have to be intentional about pouring into a bowl and eating it mindfully.
Whatever your food “thing” is you can solve it using intentionality and mindfulness. Just like so many other things!!!
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment