Saturday, April 18, 2020

Sunday Story…Feeding

The Wolf.

We are all itching to get back to whatever our new normal is going to be. And as much as we would all like to see everything revert back to the way they were I don’t think that will be the case.

On one hand I am grateful this thing wasn’t worse. That it didn’t last for the better part of a year, that the death toll wasn’t greater, and that the disruption to our way of life wasn’t worse.

And on the other hand, I am pissed off that it was, in fact, and continues to be bad. People are losing their lives, their livelihoods, the months that it is taking to get back to life.

I am reminded of the Native American story about the 2 wolves…
Grandfather tells his grandson…”a fight is going on inside me. It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One is evil, angry, resentful, arrogant, and more negativity. The other is good, joyful, peaceful and full of gratitude and more positivity. This same fight is going on inside all of us.”
His grandson considered this for a moment and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
Grandfather replied, “The one you feed.”

Feed your gratitude wolf.

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment