Saturday, March 9, 2019

Sunday Story…Growth vs. Fixed


Your mindset is the most important component of your success and well being. According to Viktor Frankl the only real freedom we have, the only one that can never be taken from us is the freedom to choose our attitude.

Too many of us get stuck in a “fixed” mindset. In other words, we are in an endless feedback loop that looks and sounds like this: there is nothing I can do about my future, things are out of my control, why do all the bad things happen to me, why bother. This negative self-talk puts all of the control externally…outside of you.

Compare this with a “growth” mindset where the feedback loop may look more like this: I determine my future, I make things happen, and I can do more…this thought pattern keeps all of the control internally…within my grasp.

A fixed mindset is a learned mindset. We get it from our experiences and from input from our families, teachers, and others. We are conditioned to think and be this way. Learned helplessness is not genetic or innate. We can re-condition our thinking. We can change negative self talk to positive. We can shift and change…if we choose to.

Given a choice, doesn’t it make more sense to be kind to yourself? To say nice things? To build yourself up? To take control of your attitude and make things happen?

Choose your attitude, change your life.

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412










No comments:

Post a Comment