Do more than you think you can. Can you really? How does that work anyway?
Your mind is the limiting factor in anything. How does an ordinary person in a stressful situation act with superhuman strength? The mind would say no, there is no way I can do that and logically it would be right. If I look at your body I might say your mind is right. Yet we are regaled time after time with stories of amazing feats of human achievement.
Your mind is a powerful tool, yet it will force you to stop before you are really done. This is a self-protection device. Your mind is in charge of making sure your body can rise again tomorrow. It won’t let you go over the edge if it can stop you.
Yet I see often people going further than their mind would tell them they can. What is this device? What is it that has me override the brake telling me to stop and continue on?
Will. My will can override my mind. I can will 1 more rep, pick myself up 1 more time, do what my mind said was impossible.
The cultivation of will is a practice. The stronger your will the more your mind becomes the tool of the will. I can impose my will on myself.
Will yourself to do more than you think you can.
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412
Saturday, February 23, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment