In our daily interactions with the people around us, we don’t often think in terms of winners and losers. We usually think about the connection we have.
But in my interactions with the car dealer or the jeweler, we often find ourselves in a “zero-sum” game. If I give too much I lose. The converse is true as well. If she gives too much she loses.
What if there was only a mutually beneficial transaction? What if there was no fear of losing, of being “taken?” And, conversely, what if there was no joy in winning, in being “on top?” What would be left?
In today’s world connection is King. I can be connected or I can be right. It is difficult to be both. Transactions based on connection, reliability, and confidence far outweigh those transactions built only to satisfy someone else’s narcissistic need to win at all and any costs.
Choose connection.
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
Coming soon: www.johnmariotti.com
775-338-2412
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment