It’s over…a week in Madison for the CrossFit games. A week of competing against the other 19 best 60 plus fittest men in the world. A week of hobnobbing with some of the fittest people on earth. A week of basking in recognition and congratulations.
As I said before, if I could just get through Sunday intact I would notch that as a win. So I did and I shall. I finished 13th. It was obvious that there were certain things that really impacted by my injuries but there were a couple that weren’t…I took 2nd on the swim workout and the handstand workout. Those were my performance highlights.
The highlight of the whole experience, however, was the opening ceremony on Thursday night. Walking through the crowd to high fives and cheers and then into the Coliseum, packed with people yelling and screaming gave me goose bumps. It was an amazing experience that was unequaled in my experience.
I want to Thank everyone who helped get me here. Unfortunately, that list is very long and I wouldn’t want to forget many of you. Everyone who put their name on our 2018 shirts…I thank you for your financial support. All of you who support our box financially I also want to thank profusely. Without you, I couldn’t do what I have done for the last 5 years.
Now I am off to heal. To paraphrase an old saying…before the CrossFit games chop wood, carry water; After the CrossFit games chop wood, carry water. In other words, we keep doing what we need to do to have life work.
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412
Sunday, August 12, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment