Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sunday Story…More pie

Some of us live in a finite world, a zero sum game. If I win, you lose. If you get more, I get less. There are only so many pieces of the pie and the winner is the one who has the most pieces at the end. This is a great model for determining who wins the championship. There’s only 1 trophy, 1 title and whoever wins it, wins it. 1 winner and everyone else isn’t the winner.

This mindset doesn’t necessarily work in the rest of the world. It’s fine for an athletic competition but, really, to get truly big things done I need cooperation. I need people who can build a bigger pie or make more pies. If the pie is bigger we can all get more pie. This is a simple concept…a bigger pie equals more for everyone.

What if I concentrated on making a bigger pie instead of trying to make sure I got the piece I thought I deserved? What if I gave up on getting what’s mine and made sure everyone got theirs? How much bigger could I make things? How much more abundant would my life appear if I took the view that there was always going to be enough?

Some things are finite. There will only be one Super Bowl winner this year. Ideas are infinite. Hoarding them won’t create more but giving them away might make room for more.

A candle is not diminished when it lights another candle. Abundance is a mindset as much as it is a reality. Make a bigger pie, get more pieces.

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment