Saturday, December 6, 2025

Sunday Story…Your Fitness

Well, it's that time of year again - the end of the year. We look back and decide whether what we did was what we wanted to do and whether it met the goals we thought we could achieve. I only have one question for you: Are you fitter than you were at the beginning of the year? This is the question we must answer for ourselves every year. How do I measure fitness?" It's pretty simple. You can look at all kinds of different metrics:

  • You could look at your 400-meter run time
  • You could look at your Fran time
  • You can look at how much your back squat is

The fact is, you are more or less fit than you were at the beginning of the year. The hidden part of that question is, "What are you going to do about it this year?" We can’t rest on our laurels, but let's also be kind to ourselves. If you think you're less fit, or maybe you believe you are just as fit but you're a year older, that means you're more fit. You see, every year you're fighting against the ravages of age. The longer you live, the more difficult it is to maintain fitness. Thus, if I maintain the same level of fitness year after year, I am more fit because I'm fighting against my body's tendency to lose fitness.

If you are fitter, pat yourself on the back and get back to work. If you are less fit, get back to work. Either way, GET BACK TO WORK!

If you're interested in building muscle and strength, sign up for a free fitness assessment at www.crossfitodyssey.com or reach out to me directly, and let's get you started on your journey to extraordinary results.

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment