Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sunday Story…Holidays!

It’s that time. It’s easy to say I’ll get after it after the holidays. You could still hit your exercise regimen but it’s easy to just let it slip one or two days. After all, “IT’S THE HOLIDAYS!” And your nutrition plan? With all that rich endless food you love around? I mean who can resist?

I get it. But are you willing to give up 11 months of progress for two weeks of indulgence? And except for the growing bulge around your middle or on your hips, or other places you don’t want to see, what will you have to show for that indulgence.

A truly memorable indulgence might be worth the price. But honestly, there are so very few of those, they are almost unicorn-like. That plate of store-bought fudge? Really? Occasionally you will find a unicorn and you will always remember it. Let me ask you this…when was the last truly memorable food or beverage indulgence you had? Can you remember last holiday season that one thing you knew was worth every bite or sip you took? No? What makes you think this year is going to be any different?

The same thing goes for skipping your workouts. You know what the price is going to be when you return. Do you really want to pay for it? I know I don’t.

It is simple… show up, keep your intensity down, and get out the door. You got it done. You can worry about how well you did later. Showing up is more than half the battle.

The last thing anyone wants to have happen is to walk in the box after 2 or 3 weeks of self-indulgence and realize how much pain you are about to inflict on yourself.  

The answer is simple…get in here. Stay the course.

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com 

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment