Is Old? I have heard it said that Old is always 20 years older than you. Now, I don’t know about you but way back when I was a wee child, I remember thinking my parents were Old and my Grandparents were really, really Old. These days my perspective has shifted.
I bring this up because lately, I have been seeing several
“famous” people I grew up reading about, listening to, and even admiring seem
to be passing away. In some cases, my reaction to hearing of their passing is “Wow!
I had no idea they were That old.” And in many other cases, the reaction is the
opposite, “wow! They were only that old?”
We loudly mourn the passing of someone young. The
potential is unfulfilled. The lost gifts are never to be shared with the world. The
talent is not explored and never matures. Those who leave us after a body of
work has been shared often leave us remembering all the gifts skills and talents,
we were so lucky to see flourish and grow.
Age is a funny thing. You are a certain age,
chronologically. You have seen x number of rotations around the sun. Every one
of those rotations has the same number of hours in it for every one of us. How
you fill your hours has more to do with “age” than the number of years you have
survived.
It isn’t the number of years in your life…it is the
amount of life in your years.
So…how are you filling your years?
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment