Saturday, October 1, 2022

Sunday Story…Joining LLB


You may remember we ran a couple of cohorts last summer using Log Slow Distance training. Here are a couple of comments from people you may know:

From Mandy Waller:

“Although I was very skeptical at first, LSD training has greatly increased my cardiovascular endurance and efficiency. I am now able to work faster with a lower heart rate over a longer period of time with much quicker recovery.”

And

From Jonathan Dubroc:

“For my entire life, I thought the harder you go the better. Now I realize it’s about the right mix of strength, HIIT, and LSD. LSD improved my fitness and the focus on a targeted heart rate helped me listen to my body while working out!”

 

Look we know this works. Just like we know CrossFit works. Just like we know you will live longer better if you lift weights, keep your cardio fitness up, and hit some short hard workouts. We know you don’t have to kill yourself in the box every day to live longer better and as a matter of fact, killing yourself in the box may be counterproductive to that goal. You’ll still look better naked…and you’ll look better longer!

If you choose to go this route here's the program:

We will assign you a coach who will help you design your week to include 2 straight strength classes (already programmed) combined with either a short met-con or 1 of your 3 LSD sessions and a long met-con. You can use our rower, bike, ski-erg, or treadmill for your LSD sessions, or you can use your own. This is a guided program using our already programmed workouts. The monthly charge (introductory price!) is $299.00 a month. If you are interested let me or Ellie know, and we will get you hooked up.

We also have a personal training option using the same ideas but most of the work will be done off-site and not in class.

Here is another testimonial from David Savage:

John & Ellie are valuable coaches.  When John described his success and the impact of Long Slow Distance (LSD) it sounded like a funny acronym, but it’s a serious training tool!  I come to CrossFit from long distance running, and slooowing down during long runs from “race pace” has been hard. I typically end up 10-15 bpm above my Zone 2 rate after 15min of running, but over a period of a few months I made some improvement. I recently traveled to Africa and spent 9 days on a trek up Mt Kilimanjaro - I am convinced the LSD training helped immensely! Only 5 of our group of 11 adults made the summit, and I did not struggle with cardio at all.

 

So…you get to live longer better and do the stuff that lights you up for as long as you can! Sounds like a win to me!!!

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment