Friday, December 31, 2021

Sunday Story…Never Say Never

 

Or Always. My partner, Ellie, reminded me the other day of something I said way back in 2013. I told her I would Never teach a 5:30AM class. I would never get up that early and I would never be available to teach that class. So, if we scheduled it, she would be the one teaching it and she did for many years. Fast forward 7 years and “boom” a pandemic happened. Something shifted in me, and I began to arise at 4am. That’s right…the time also known as 0’dark thirty. I found a new groove.

 

People who said they would never run a mile let alone a marathon find themselves training and lining up on race day. People who say losing weight never works for them find a way to miraculously lose the weight. Maybe you said you’ll never (insert that thing(s) here). And then there you are in the thick of whatever that thing is.

 

Never encompasses a long time. Always leaves no room for deviation. There is room for a shift in perspective. There is the possibility you will receive new information that makes never untenable and always impossible. I get it…we all love the certainty and finality that never and always provide. But the fact is we will often be wrong when we use those words.

 

Never say never…or Always…Never say Never! You may be proven wrong before you know it.

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment