You are wherever you are on your fitness journey. Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching one of our coaches hit a back squat personal record of 400#. It was a thing of beauty…nice and deep, straight back, good return. He’s been working for this for quite some time and yesterday all his hard work paid dividends.
At the same time, I had a young man in for a private
session. He’s 12 and just starting his journey. Of course, the question was how
long until I can do something like that? The answer is it depends. There are so
many variables on this fitness journey.
I will never get to a 400# back squat. My journey is
not taking me in that direction. That young man may get there in 10 or 20
years. Or he may never get there. It will depend on him and his level of
commitment to his own journey.
Realistically where are you on your journey? What is
your level of commitment to your goals? Are they just ideas and dreams or do
you have a plan and a program to manifest those goals? Without a plan and a
program, you will never get out of the garage to hit the fitness road.
Want a 400# squat? You can have one if you really, really
want it. But just wanting won’t be enough. Commit to the goal. Make a plan.
Follow the plan. Adjust the plan. Recommit to the goal.
By the way… you know I’m not just talking fitness.
Right?
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment