I often say what you are doing right now is important 10 years from now. Your thoughts, actions, and words have as much to do with 10 years from now as they do right now.
If I concentrate on the destination, the end result of all
the blips and side trips matters less as I will return to the path of my
destination. If I allow the diversion to become the path that’s when the rails
come off. I want to live in a world where all of us are looking for destinations
in the future, not a world of immediate gratification and 20 second sound
bites. Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram are all like a drug…you get a quick fix
and then want more. This short-sightedness costs you your long-term
destination.
What this really means is planning and acting today for
the who and what I want 10 years from today. If I want to be fit 10 years from
now I can’t start in 9 ½ years. I must start now. And along the way, I will
derive so many benefits that when I finally arrive at the destination I will forget
all the trials and tribulations I suffered along the way.
Although the destination is the goal, it is the journey
that gives joy.
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment