Saturday, April 3, 2021

Sunday Story…Distinctive


 

Is a choice. You can try to be everything to everyone but that rarely works. You end up in a race to the bottom, a race to homogeneity, a race to see if we can all be the same. Although there is a comfort in sameness, there is also a peculiar lack of interest surrounding that bland thing.

 

I want to stand for something. I want to be clear about who I serve. I cannot serve everyone. I cannot be everything to everyone. But I can stand out to the people who are looking for me and the things I stand for. When you look for me I want to be recognizable from a distance. And when you approach it will be obvious that I am the one you are looking for.

 

I don’t want or need to yell and scream at you to see me. If you are looking I will be seen, I will stand out from the other packages on the shelf. The easy thing is to blend in, to be bland and boring. Standing out is hard and scary. You are all alone on the shelf, nowhere to hide. This is the risk of distinction and like all risks the more often I take it the easier it gets.

 

Make the choice to be distinctive. Serve the people best suited to be served by you. Square pegs don’t belong in round holes.

 

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment