Every week I talk to someone who tells me they know exactly what they need to do in order to lose weight or get into shape, or whatever. And more often than not, they are exactly right.
And they are not doing it.
These are smart people. There is no rational reason for them not to participate in self-defeating or nonsensical behavior. Yet there they are…not doing what they tell me (and themselves) they know they need to do. So...why?
In a word...Belief. If I don’t believe what I am saying, somewhere in the back of my mind, I will tell myself” it doesn’t matter. I don’t really care about (whatever the win is by changing the behavior) or the reward isn’t worth the effort it’s going to take to do it. You have to believe.
Once you believe and subsequently, find that your “Why” inspires you you will find doing the work much easier. At that point, your belief has been transformed to knowing.
And once you know...You do.
John Mariotti
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:
Post a Comment