Saturday, January 4, 2020

Sunday Story…Starting Again

Is hard to do.

You know it’s going to hurt. You know your muscles will scream, not the next day but the day after and the day after that as well. You know that getting out of bed will be torture as will putting your pants on.

You remember that pain from way back when you first started. You hated it but you persevered anyway. Your body was racked with pain in places you didn’t know you had muscles. Your friends and relatives thought you were crazy or crippled. And yet, you kept on keeping on. And after a while, you stopped hurting so much. And after a while, you started to look forward to those days when you ached just a little.

You are smarter now. You know not to push the edge so hard because now you know where the edge is and how to stay off of it a bit more. That being said it is still going to hurt.

I took 9 days off recently. I came back and, yes, I hurt. A hurt that lets me know I am alive. A hurt that means I will be stronger, healthier, and more robust in a few short weeks.

No matter how much I hurt now the pleasure of more fitness, better health, and longer life is the reward. No pain…No gain.
See you in the box!

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment