Sunday, February 25, 2018
Sunday Story…How can I miss you
If you won’t go away?
Will you notice when I go? Or will you miss me? Am I all bluster and blow? Or, like jasmine carried on a warm breeze, will I be missed?
I notice when the loud, the obnoxious, the bully, the strident, the irritating go away. I notice the lack of stress when they disappear. I notice the calm, the peace that settles when those prickly personas go. I don’t miss them when they go away.
I miss when the empathetic, the kind, the compassionate, the thoughtful, the inspiring, the refreshingly real go away. When they go I look for them to reappear. I bask in the serenity they bring, the quiet confidence that exists with them. I miss them when they aren’t there.
Do you want to be noticed or missed when you leave? The choice is yours.
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment