I have to admit I have no idea what a “double dog dare” really is. It is something I remember my children saying and doing. But it is a really big dare and one you just can’t walk away from without a huge bit of shaming and ridicule. At least if what I have seen people do after being double dog dared to do something is any indication.
So here is your double dog dare: Starting on January 2nd 2013 go 30 days with no grain, no sugar, no dairy, no legumes, no alcohol, and no processed food (yes this includes all forms of soda and other beverages with processed ingredients). None, nada, zip, zero. There. It is that simple. Its only 30 days. Start on the 2nd and finish on the 31st. No excuses, no reasons why it won’t work for you, no cheat days, and no whining.
Here is what will happen:
Depending on your level of addiction the first 3 to 14 days will be hard, very hard. You may feel tired, cranky, out of sorts, hungry, craving sugar and your body might hurt. You might have low energy, feel like something the cat drug in, and you digestive tract may be off in some way.
You may not know what to eat (especially for breakfast).
You will start rationalizing your way out of the activity…just one won’t hurt, this is stupid, no-one really eats this way, blah, blah, blah.
Remember you took a double dog dare…it is as serious as the pinky shake and we all know how sacred that is!
After about 2 weeks your energy level will increase into an area you didn’t know existed.
Your digestion will become more and more regular.
Your blood sugar (if you are tracking that one) will become more constant.
Your sleep will become more consistent and deeper and more restful.
Some of your auto-immune system symptoms may decrease or disappear.
Here is what you do:
Spend the next 2 weeks getting ready. Go here: http://www.thepaleosecret.com/resources/getting-started/ and learn more, then follow the directions.
Here is the basis of this dare:
http://www.thepaleosecret.com/2012/08/20/the-paleo-secret-30-day-challenge-2/
This is not some fad thing (unless 2 million years of evolution is a fad).
Over the next 2 weeks get to the right stores:
The Great Basin Food Co-Op (Flint and court streets off Arlington south of the river… http://www.greatbasinfood.coop/)
Trader Joes
Whole Foods Market
168 Asian Market (on So. Virginia north of Moana a few blocks). There are some other Asian markets (one off Prater and Rock)
Farmer’s Market near the House of Bread on select Saturdays during the winter
Go to:
www.theFoodee.com (the Foodee Project) for recipe ideas you can find lots of links to other recipe sites that utilize the same real food ingredients
Read:
The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain… http://thepaleodiet.com/
The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf… http://robbwolf.com/ (a personal friend of mine by the way.)
On January 2nd, hit the ground running.
This is not complicated so don’t over analyze and try to figure it all out. Eat real food. Stop eating processed edible non-food products. Eat more fat…by the way fat does not make you fat. If you don’t believe me just look around you at all the people eating low fat diets and ask yourself why they are all over weight. It also turns out that cholesterol and saturated fats don’t give you heart disease…check with Dr. Oz if you want and his interview with Dr. Davis the author of “Wheat Belly “ (another book I recommend) here: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/are-you-addicted-wheat?video=15896 and watch all 3 of the episodes.
We are going to do this 30 day challenge here at the studio. We will provide support, recipes and menu plans. We will have a little contest involving daily workouts, eating clean and there may even be a prize for all our finishers.
I have been eating this way for more than 2 years and can tell you I have never been healthier or felt better. I never feel under nourished or deprived. I am a huge believer in the lifestyle that eats this way. I want you to join me…go ahead I double dog dare you!
Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”
www.martialartsnevada.com
Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment