Sunday Story...Home Sweet HomeWhere is “home”?
...Home is where the heart is
...You can never go home again
...The chickens come home to roost
There are so many aphorisms about home. Yet when we look up home in the dictionary, most of the definitions are in reference to a physical dwelling, a place to live, or an abode.
But for most of us that is a house.
I live in a house.
I dwell in an an abode.
I make my house a home.
The deeper meaning for many of us has to do with the reference to hearth. The hearth in times gone by was the heart of a house...the fireplace where the cooking was done, where warmth emanated from, where the people gathered to commune and join together. When I think of home this is what I think of...the community where I am accepted, the people who love me.
Home is not necessarily a physical spot on the globe. I have never lived in my parent's house, yet when I go there I am home. When I return to my house, I am home. Yes it is possible to have more than one home. When I sit with my brothers I am home. When I meet with my martial arts friends to work out and sweat and bleed I am home. When I return to the meditation hall I am home. All of these places have something in common...they are all places I can be the authentic self I am called to be. They are all places where I can just be.
We often talk about the “homeless” as a group, a category of people. What we should say is “house-less”. Just like each of us have a mother and a father, yet can be orphans, so, too, can we be house-less and not be homeless. Home does not have to be a physical destination. Home does not have to exist between 4 walls.
Home could be a cave or a tent. Home could be a barracks in a foreign land. Home could be an imaginary place you only get to in the silence of the night. Home may only exist in the residence of your mind.
Home really is where your heart is. Are you home yet?
This is the last story of 2010. Next Sunday will be 2011.
To all of you who have found the time, the strength, or the desire to comment on these stories, I thank you. I read every comment with relish and gratitude. As a rule I do not respond to the comments, there isn't always time, and often a response would be gratuitous anyway. Please continue to comment and let me know if what I have written has touched you in some way. Over the years of writing these stories I have been excoriated, lauded, punished, kicked, made fun of, and complimented. Some of you know I am writing directly to you (I am). Some of you are sure that somehow I know just the right thing to write to you this particular week (I do). These are your stories. These are the channeling from each of you into the universal energy that flows through my fingers onto these pages. So, yes I am talking to you. I am writing to you, about you, for you. I am writing to challenge you. I am writing to excite you. I am writing to get you to feel, to think, to get out of your ennui, out of your torpor, off of the couch and into the world, out of complaint and into action...any action is better than the “quiet desperation” most of the world is living in these days.
I want to make you mad. I want to have you feel something, anything. Our world needs your passion, your heart, your soul to get up and get counted. You were not placed on this earth at this time to do nothing. You are here for a purpose. Not finding your purpose is a crime against nature, like a chicken with no wings, or a horse with a pig nose. Not living on purpose is a crime as well. I want to help you find your purpose and start living into your purpose.
4 questions for you:
How am I making a difference?
Is what you are doing, right now, on purpose?
Is this what I really want to do?
Am I following my passion?
How will you answer?
As some of you know I do private life coaching, personally designed to help you create the life you want to be living. We can work on purpose, vision, diet, exercise or any number of areas that will enrich and encourage and challenge you to create a life you want to live.
If you are interested in exploring that sort of relationship email me at:
jmariotti1@gmail.com
But understand this: My mission is to teach focus and inspire transformation. In you. If you are ready I am willing. No excuses, no maybes, sort ofs, kindas...just the hard and rewarding work of transformation.
Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”
www.martialartsnevada.com
Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://feel-good-friday.blogspot.com/
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/
PS.
Some of you have asked about my knee from last week. I am very fortunate to know an outstanding healer. Her name is Dr. Laura Harmon. She has an office in Fallon NV. She is a chiropractor, a massage therapist, an acu-pressure specialist, a Reiki healer, and, most of all, an energetic healer. She spent 2 hours working on my knee and got me back on my feet. Her office number is: 775-423-7000 and her business is called Fallon Family Chiropractic. She comes with my highest recommendation.
No comments:
Post a Comment