Sunday Story…SignsAnd the animals speak. The trees whisper. Rocks move. The wind portends.
The world I live in is an animate one. It is alive with messages and lessons to be learned. It’s actually the same world you are living in if you are paying attention. The attentive constituent notices that the sun is coming up a bit later now that just a few weeks ago. The early morning air carries the bite and promise of falling leaves and hibernation on its warm breath. The plants are still producing their bounty but the time is coming when they will die back. You know all of this. It is encoded inside of you.
These messages happen every year, throughout the year. The sky shifts, the planet re-align, winter comes and goes, the moon waxes and wanes. What about the messages that are directed at me personally? Because winter is coming whether I am here or not, whether I pay attention or not.
Centuries ago some creature crawled out of the primordial soup and began to breathe air and started this journey that has put me in this place here and now. The number of events and lives that have taken place to put you and I on the same page today is mind boggling, even if we took only the things in this lifetime since my birth and yours. Where we have lived, the education we received that allows us to read this. The people we had to connect with for you and I to get to know one another. How did all this happen? Accident? Pure coincidence? Providence? Why aren’t you doing something else right now? You could be doing 100 different things rather than reading this. I’m glad you are reading it but really there are a lot of choices out there.
I caused my birth.
I picked my parents.
I have created every situation, every person in my life.
Everything that has happened to me since before birth has been part of the plan I had to create situations and experiences that would lead me here, now. Situations and experiences that move my soul forward in some way, should I pay attention to those situations and experiences.
What? You thought it was some cosmic accident, a joke played out by some deity?
War isn’t funny. Starvation isn’t funny. Rape, dismemberment, and genocides are not funny, not even in the joke book of the gods.
But wait, if I caused my life to look this way…then that person caused their life to look the way it looks. They chose death, cancer, abuse? Yes on some level they did choose. Look folks, this isn’t choice like picking out flavors of ice cream…oooh, let me have some sexual abuse this time around, or wow that starvation thing looks mighty interesting, a big scoop of that should make my soul quiver with anticipation. I don’t think it works quite like that.
Your job, my job is to evolve. On some level I am going about my life choosing situations and experiences that present opportunities to evolve. Sometimes that evolution maybe the experience of extreme suffering. It may be the opportunity for forgiveness. It may be to experience the searing happiness of love and joy.
It is very easy to get wrapped up in this contortion of thoughts…especially because the dictionary of meaning is missing. For instance…if I knew that the person over there was going to murder 5 people tonight would I be justified in killing the murderer before he became a murderer? And what about the people who are to die? Maybe part of their evolution is to die tonight at the hands of that person’s pain and suffering. This gets really sticky. Maybe my evolution is to make this choice…to decide who is going to live or die. Maybe I am supposed to live with the consequences of my choice and that is the evolution I am supposed to move toward. Can I make the wrong choice? And what makes it the wrong one?
The wrong choice would be the one that fails to move my soul forward in some way. The wrong choice would have my march toward enlightenment stymied. The wrong choice would create turn in my path that has me detouring for some amount of time.
I have made wrong choices. Choices that left me up on the side rail of life. Choices that put me on the side waiting for a new way to find the track of life again. Too many people are waiting on the sidelines. They have taken themselves out of the game. Sitting on the bench in the game of life is poor planning boys and girls. I get that it is hard. It is hard to face your sh** and take responsibility for how it looks. It is hard to realize that the choices you have made in life brought you to this moment. 50 pounds overweight? Sick? Bad Relationship? No relationship? All you bunky. All you. Not me. You made choices to do what you did with whatever happened to you. Maybe you crawled inside a bottle, or found comfort in pharmaceuticals, or some other self medicating strategy that looked like it would ease the pain of facing the lessons Your life brought you. How’s that working for you today? The hurt is still back there. Still throbbing somewhere deep in the recesses of your soul. In that cavern you tried to seal up is the lesson your life want you to learn so you can move on to the next lesson and the next life.
Not working real well for me. Just in case you hadn’t noticed. I can bury things, I can try to ignore the lessons but they just keep on coming. I created this mess and now I better start learning some stuff. If I keep doing what I have always done I will keep getting what I have always gotten. So if you are tired of your life looking the way it looks you better start making some changes. Because you are the one creating it. Not me. I am too busy creating my life to want to create yours.
Let’s get off the pity train and get on the Soul train. The train our soul wants to be on, the trip we need to take to ensure that we can get some different lessons both this trip and the subsequent ones. You don’t have to look at it. Maybe next time your soul will choose the starvation diet or maybe the abuse route will get you to wake up and start evolving. I need to you to evolve. I need you to learn and grow. Because the world can’t change without you changing and growing. I am doing what I can. How about you?
Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”
Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://feel-good-friday.blogspot.com/
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment