Saturday, June 20, 2026

Sunday Story... Europe, Part 1

When I initially started writing this, I began it as sort of a travel log: we went here, did this, saw that, and did these other things. Then I realized that that really wasn't an important part of the trip. It was interesting and fun, but it wasn't the important part. It wasn't the part that I really remember.

What we saw and where we went were memorable, and we saw some amazing sites, art, and architecture. We marveled at the ingenuity and abilities of our forebears in building structures that took hundreds of years to assemble. To do so with such beauty and have an amazing structure still standing after hundreds and hundreds of years is just amazing.

What I found most important and memorable about the trip were the people and the experiences we had. One of the most memorable experiences was a cooking class in a couple's home in Pisa, Italy. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. and spent the next five hours learning to make homemade pasta, rolling it out, running it through the pasta maker, hearing the stories behind Nona's meatballs, cooking rabbit on the stove, and just generally enjoying the company and stories. There was another couple there from Ireland, a mother and daughter, and we exchanged stories about current cultural things in Ireland as opposed to America. It was as simple as having a community enjoying other humans. The couple running the cooking class were engaging and fun, and they made it a really memorable experience for everybody. We had a couple of teenagers and some adults, and everybody got something out of it. That was the essence of the European trip. That was the part of the trip that I will never ever forget.

If you're interested in building muscle and strength, sign up for a free fitness assessment at www.crossfitodyssey.com or reach out to me directly, and let's get you started on your journey to extraordinary results.

John Mariotti

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

www.crossfitodyssey.com

775-338-2412

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment