Saturday, February 27, 2021

Sunday Story…Careful what you wish for


 

Are words we have all heard many times. Usually, we hear them as a caution…as in it might come true.  Or when I wish for rain and get a deluge or I wish for heat and get a drought. Those are the unintended consequences that might happen should my wish come true.

 

More often than not, though, what I wish for doesn’t come true. It remains as a thing out there that I want to have happen. But all the time and energy I spent wishing it got lost in the process. I can’t control the lottery. I can wish to win it and spend all my time spending the riches I would have should I win it. All that focus on how I would spend my 100 million dollars is an exercise in futility. The time I spend wishing is time I could spend on more rewarding pursuits and more productive work. Work that may lead me to earn my 100 million dollars or being rewarded for pursuing the excellence I am wishing for.

 

A wish that shifts my thoughts and focus, though? That is a wish worth wishing for.

 

John Mariotti

www.crossfitodyssey.com

www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

775-338-2412

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment