Saturday, November 3, 2018

Sunday Story…Mindful Moments

Many years ago before you could go to kindergarten you had to be able to do a couple things; you needed to be able to tie your shoes and you had to know your name, address, and phone number. Considering there were no Velcro fastening shoes at that time you might be able to see why tying your shoes would be important. That address and phone number have long escaped me but I can still tie my shoes (well, sort of, right now).

When I turned 18 a couple things happened then as well…I registered to vote and for the selective service---the draft. I have no idea what my draft number was in 1974 but I’m still voting all these years later.

We can often guess what is going to be important many years later. We will be right about some of the big things that become unconscious…walking, tying shoes, driving, and things like that. But we are often wrong about the little things…the chance encounter, the thing that gave you momentary pause and a hmmm, or a simple choice of an a over a b.

It’s the little things going on around you that are going to make the difference down the road. Little things you may not remember when their import becomes apparent.

Be mindful of your moments.

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot .com
775-338-2412
Coming soon: www.johnmariotti.com

No comments:

Post a Comment