Saturday, May 26, 2018

Sunday Story…It isn’t over

Until it’s over. This one is simple. Whatever the task is in front of you; you will not stop until it is finished. If we are working for 20 minutes we work for 20 minutes, not 19:50 or even 19:59. If we are doing 100 of something we don’t stop at 80 or 90 or 99. We stop when we are done…we stop when the task is complete or the bell rings and not 1 second before.

This is a commitment to yourself. I will stop when I am finished, not when I’m tired, not when it gets hard, not when I feel like I should. I stop only when I am done.

We shut everything out (present moment focus), we only work on getting one more whatever, we stick to the plan that’s working and we work until it’s done. Our mental game is strong. I am committed to finishing. If we both get on the treadmill either you are getting off first or I am going to die. That is the strength of my resolve.

Pain is temporary. When it passes something else will take its place. Will it be regret? The regret of stopping, of giving up on yourself, of not being who you wanted to be that day? Or will it be the pride of finishing, of stepping into the power and strength that lies beneath your veneer, of squeezing every drop of effort from your body?

It isn’t over until I say it’s over.

John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412

No comments:

Post a Comment