With the same brush. If you hang around clowns people will think you belong in a circus. If you dress like a clown, you probably are a clown. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. These are just a few of the things my Father used to say to me. Usually he said it when he wanted me to look more deeply at my words and deeds.
None of these old saws are fair. You should be able to dress however you want and not worry about what other people think or how they judge you. Hanging out with anyone you want doesn’t mean you agree with their religion, politics, or sexual orientation but it might. And just because you say certain things, dress a certain way, and attend certain meetings it doesn’t in your heart of hearts mean you are the same as everyone else that looks and says and does that stuff.
Or does it?
I didn’t like to admit my Father was right. But he was. You and I are the sum of the 5 or 10 people we hang out with the most. That includes the books you read, the music you listen to, and the language you spout. Use the language of love and I will assume you are a lover. Hateful language…a hater. Hang out with deeply spiritual persons and I will assume you have some semblance of spirituality. Hang out with people who idolize evil and I will assume you have evil in your heart.
If you don’t want people to think you are a clown don’t join the circus.
John Mariotti
www.crossfitodyssey.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com
775-338-2412
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment