Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Story...Be hard to kill



In other words why you should be fit.

When I look across the broad spectrum of life I see so many areas that I could make so many improvements…health, money, career, relationships (family), education, spirituality, and others. This looks like a lot of places to do work and frankly overwhelming. Many of us (OK, me) try to do too many of these things and end up doing none of them. Then I feel badly.

What if there was one area where I could get more bang for my buck. One area that would lead to improvement in several others, if not across the board in all of them. We often see this all boats rise with the tide phenomenon in other arenas but it is also true in the arena of personal development.
The one place, the one area where you will improve your life across the board is in your physical fitness. Admittedly I am biased. However, after over 20 years in the fitness and personal growth business I feel confident in making the following statements:

Transforming your body transforms your whole life

When your fitness improves your brain works better

Fit people are harder to kill and easier to love

Improving your fitness improves your attitude

Being fit improves how you see the world

I have seen research that says being healthy in your body means your brain is more able to learn. I have seen research that claims working out improves your ability to focus and stay on track (A.D.D., A.D.H.D. people perk up); there is no doubt that being fit improves your attitude. Your brain produces endorphins during exercise that you can’t get any other way and these endorphins make you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. Fitness could get you a better job. You will be more attractive to employers if you are fit and healthy, your attitude is positive and you give off a healthy energy. To be blunt and honest there is weight discrimination out there. Your relationships will improve as your energy goes up. You can spend more time with your loved ones and be more positive about it.

The area that will most improve and the most underrated is in your confidence. When you are fit you will gain in self confidence. That self confidence derives from the self discipline it takes to get and maintain fitness. When you are living in a body you love your mood is soaring and your confidence is off the chart. If I had to pick one thing that every person on earth should have in abundance it would be self confidence. One of the easiest ways to increase self confidence is increase your fitness. And, really, won’t we all feel better knowing we look good naked?

You can want to make more money, you can want to be a more spiritual person, you can want to be a better spouse or a parent, you can want to be more successful in your career and not have any idea where to start. If you start by getting your physical body in better condition those things will start improving with little to no effort on your part. In other words being more fit will make you happier and have you enjoy life more fully.

“Fitness is a game-changer. It just is. Once you get to your best physical condition, your focus soars, your mood elevates, your resilience grows, and your stamina flows. The Perfect Human is like a hunter on the plains—knowing only the fittest survive. And yes—when you get fit you’ll get giant goals done (so your life gets good). But also get ultra-healthy so you’re of improved service to our world. (We all need you to shine).” Robin Sharma

Namaste

John

www.crossfit-odyssey@gmail.com
www.martialartsnevada.com
www.sunday-stories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment