
I often get asked why I do some of things I do. Why do I insist on eating the way I eat? Why do I work out so hard? Why am I so committed and dedicated to teaching and helping people discover the fire in their bellies? Wouldn’t it be easier to eat the way I used to (yes)? Wouldn’t it be easier to not work so hard (yes)? Wouldn’t it be easier to just show up and “call in” the day’s lesson (yes)? So why?
We are all doing things all day long. We are often doing them without really knowing why we are doing them. And the why I am talking about isn’t the one that says I have to go to work to pay the bills. Those things are obvious but they aren’t really the deeper, the more meaningful why. Sure there are lots of things we do without any real deeper meaning. Sometimes the reason is simple…I put fuel in the car because it is going to run out if I don’t. This is simple, uncomplicated and very straightforward reasoning.
Why do I eat the why I do? Why do I keep preaching to you about it? After all, I could just change my diet and keep my mouth shut. For my part it is simple…I never knew how bad I felt until I started eating this way. To put it another way…eating right feels so good that going back scares the stuffing out of me. And I want you to feel that same way…that flush of energy from proper fuel, the sustained clarity of a mind function properly. Then there is the incomparable taste of properly grown real food, lovingly prepared and eaten with friends.
Working out with intensity gives me something that is hard to describe. It isn’t just the out of breath, sweat dripping on the floor exhilaration of endorphins flooding my being. It is the knowledge that I just pushed myself into previously unknown territory. That I have gone to a place I didn’t even know existed. And I want to take you there. I want you to know that you can visit those places regularly for yourself. I want you to do things you didn’t think you could do last week or last year. I want you to get better and be better, be healthier, fitter, and better prepared for all the things life has to offer you.
I want you to find the “fire in your belly”. I want you to get out of bed with your hair on fire, screaming like a banshee to get your thing on every day. I want you to be so fired up about your health and fitness and all the things you are doing in the world that you can’t be contained.
Why do I do the things I do? I want to leave this earth with a legacy of optimum health and fitness. I want to inspire everyone I meet to do something every day that increases their level of health and fitness. Even if you skip one soda today there was an impact. Do I want you to stop drinking all soda? Yes!! But I will take it one at a time if I must. I believe you were put upon this earth to live a full and healthy life…not one dominated by pain and disease, pharmaceutical drugs and other crutches to get through the day to day life you live. You have a reason, a purpose for being born here and now. Being healthy is going to help you fulfill that purpose. It is much easier to perform and think and do challenging things when your body works right, your mind is clear and your focus is laser sharp.
So what is your why? Why are you doing the things you are doing? Give that question some real thought. And if you don’t like the answer….maybe it’s time to do something else!
Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”
www.martialartsnevada.com
Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment