Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Story...I Believe

Sunday Story…I Believe

So last week I wrote about F.E.A.R (False Evidence Appearing Real). In looking at FEAR we take some of its power away. When we shine a light in the darkness it disappears. Darkness is the absence of light. Yet somehow the darkness helps define the light.

Fear is the absence of Belief. Fear cannot exist in the light of Belief. Belief is the enemy of fear. Have you ever found that when you truly believe in yourself, in your ability, in your commitment the fear melts away like snow in the spring? When we turn our energy to understanding and exploring what we truly believe the fears seem to go away on their own.

That is where we are today…exploring the belief side. Turning our spotlight over to what we believe. What do you believe…deep down in your core, inside your soul?
I believe…
I believe in the divinity of all humans.
I believe we are all born with a purpose to fulfill on the earth in this lifetime.
I believe we are all connected by this divinity, by a thread that has connected each and every human since the beginning.
I believe in the power of the human body to heal itself.
I believe in the power of the human mind to devise solutions and invent new way of doing and being.
I believe in the power of the human soul to create lasting peace and justice.
I believe peace is harder to find, harder to maintain, harder to share than any other alternative. This is way we have found it so elusive over the eons.
I believe that I must find peace in myself before I will find it in my home, my community, my nation, my world.
I believe the world is an abundant place.
I believe in the aristocracy of individual effort and vision.
I believe in the power of love.
I believe in the power of love to change the world.
I believe true intimacy robs us of vulnerability and creates a fortress of strength founded on love and trust.
I believe there is enough food to feed the world.
I believe we were designed to move.
I believe we have the power to control our health using natural food and remedies.
I believe I can live a health productive life to 150 years old.
I believe you can always do more than you think you can.
I believe my children love me.
I believe my parents love me.
I believe I have the right to say no when something crosses a boundary, or exceeds a limit.
I believe You have the right to say No as well.
I believe each of us has the right to believe in the divine in whatever way feels correct to us.
I believe you are right in your beliefs.
I believe my need for security is not more important than your need for autonomy.
I believe your heart and my heart are one.
I believe there is a need for compassion and empathy and the more of those two things that exist and occur in the world the happier we will all be.
I believe in the sanctity of the person.
I believe in the importance of the family.
I believe you get to design your family the way that feels right and is nurturing to you and your soul.
I believe in the need for community, for tribe, for a group of people who are aligned in purpose and a common goal.
I believe I have enough…friends, love, money, stuff, joy.
I believe I can have more…friends, love, money, stuff, joy.
I believe gratitude is the single most important attitude I can foster.
I believe there is not enough gratitude in the world.
I believe music is divinity embodied in the airwaves.
I believe your energy and mine has been here for a long time and will continue to be here for a long time whether or not we choose to take a corporeal form.
I believe you should take care of the body you came here with through good natural food, exercise, love, gratitude and communion with like minded people.
I believe you should be honest and truthful.
I believe it’s easier to be nice than it is to apologize for being mean or rude.
I believe that when my path crosses with yours there is something there, some take away for both of us. After all with 6 billion people on the planet how is it you and I have crossed paths today? It is probably not just coincidence.
I believe there is no limit to what you can learn.
I believe there is no limit on how many people you can help.
I believe there is no limit on how high you can soar.
I believe in the power of your mind, body, and soul to create the world you want to live.
I believe you and I have the power to change the world.
I believe…

After last week many of you wrote what you were afraid of, what your fears were. If you didn’t I invite you to do it now. You may find that the longer your list is, the deeper the fears go. I would invite you to do the same thing now with your beliefs. Write them down…what do You believe? And, again, the longer your list the deeper you will dig, and the more profound the realization will be of what you truly believe. You don’t have to share them with anyone unless you choose to.

I am noticing that since I started really looking at what I believe and how that relates to who I am in the world, my fears are diminished, and the things I was afraid of have lost much of their hold over me. It isn’t magic by the way…Fear is the darkness, Belief is the light. Let’s get out of the darkness and into the light. Find your beliefs and vanquish your fears.

Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”
www.martialartsnevada.com

Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://feel-good-friday.blogspot.com/
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment