Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Story...Hello, It's Me

Sunday Story…Hello, It’s Me


Lately I have been hearing a lot about connection. The latest buzz is “social media”. Sites like Face Book, My Space, Twitter, and others are sprouting up everywhere. These are places where people connect online. People are re-connecting after years of being out of touch as well. They are often connecting by interest group. For instance, I have a lot of Martial Artists as my “friends”. Many of whom I have never met and may never meet. But we are connected by a common interest.

It is rather interesting how people show up…some of them live in the same town as I do, some of them go to some of the same art type events, some of them are martial artists, some are old friends from high school or college, and some are business associates. I don’t tend to group them but when I look through the list I can see who came from which sphere of influence they arose.

What is even more interesting is who they are on these sites. Many of them only use the site for business connection. What they are doing, selling, buying, and marketing. Many of them only seem to sharing the minutiae of their lives…work, bed, dinner, kids. Some of them provide thought provoking conversation and posts. And still others say or do very little at all.

Yet each one of these people has a complete life somewhere. I am not just my business and I am not just my day to day get up, go somewhere, do something life either. And I don’t sit around and think deep thoughts all day and expound on existential theories either. I have a complete life, sometimes it is mundane, sometimes it is all work and no play, and sometimes it is filled with deep thought and introspection. So I am not just a one dimensional picture showing the side to the people that I want to them to see.

We all live in our own bubble. The ant trail of our lives takes us on a daily journey. Get the train to go to work, stop by the same coffee shop, and take the same route to the Dentist, grocery store, and mall. Back and forth, back and forth…and every once in a while ventures off the beaten track into some new and unusual neighborhood. On the surface it would appear we are like ants sallying forth to retrieve our daily bread and returning back to the nest until we sally forth again. But really is that all there is? Is that all you are? An ant coming and going, until you drop?

I think not. Especially if you are reading this! You are waaaay more than that. You are a spiritual being experiencing a physical incarnation. Yes you are a worker bee. Yes you may be a parent, a son, a daughter, a realtor, a Doctor, a Martial Artist, a musician, or any other of a hundred things. And you may be a hundred different things all at once. But are you just an ant on a trail? I think not. Thinking you are destined to work hard and then die is a delusion of the worst order. You were meant to live a full, exciting, prosperous, and abundant life. You are not just connected to me on Face Book and My Space, but you are connected to me through our shared divinity, through our shared DNA, through the air that we are breathing that our ancestors were also breathing.

I want to see all of you. I want you to see all of me. My light, and my dark. The warts and the beauty. I don’t want to just see the one piece you are willing to let me see…your business side, or your “parent” side, or the one way we are connected side.

This is the me that is the writer. The me that is the dancer, the artist, the lover, the magician, the king, the warrior, and the shadow of all of them. The control freak, the person afraid of love, the man who is so self disciplined in so many ways yet completely powerless in so many others. Look at the entire three dimensional person. This is me…the child of the divine and the spiritual being evolving into a yet higher consciousness. This is me…the physical human working so hard toward optimum health and fitness. This is me…the guy determined to find abundance and prosperity in a negative and harsh climate. This is me…the tough guy who regularly cries at inspirational videos. All me. And much, much more.

So come on by and introduce yourself. Be the one dimension you choose to show but feel free to let the rest of you peek out as well. I would love to meet all of you. In the meantime…

Hello, It’s Me

Namaste
John
“Teaching Focus, Inspiring Transformation”

Follow me at:
Twitter --- http://m.twitter.com/jmariotti
FaceBook --- John Mariotti
Blog Spots…John Mariotti
http://feel-good-friday.blogspot.com/
http://sunday-stories.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment